Mile Stone Project 1: Stacked Slice

 This week I focused on laser cutting my sliced stack model. I chose to use wood for my model instead of an alternative such as acrylic because I enjoy the texture. During the 210 laser cut pattern project I found that I enjoyed the wood grain texture, and dark scorch marks from the laser. 

Left side

 Front View

 Top View

 Right Side 

I really like how my final stacked sliced model came out. I like the stepped or stair-like curves in the model. I think if I were to improve this model in any way I might try and make my overall form more round as the laser cut model became more oblong ( I think this is an issue with the depth of my material in my algorithm) In the future I would also like to experiment with different axis of slicing, and potentially painting the layers to create an ombre, or colour shifting effect. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mile Stone Project 1Stacked Slice: Progress

OBDF 310 Milestones

OBDF 310: Animation Struggles and Triumphs.