Algorithmic Surface Modelling and Animation

 

                                               

After completing the reading for this week I had a much better understanding of paneling and the in-class tutorials from this week. For my first attempt I wanted to panel a star shape across the lofted form I created for my first definition assignment. However this created numerous challenges and would not panel the shape. After a while of trying to fix this issue, I decided to take a new route. 

 (yeah I have no idea what happened here) 


I decided to try a simpler option and opted for a dome shape with squiggly blue lines over top. This option turned out much better and I was able to animate it. I still thought I could go further as this was very basic. 







In the end I ended up with a star shape that conformed to a sphere. For the animation aspect I rotated the paneled shape and the sphere. I wanted to have the sphere size change as it rotated however, this caused issues with the rotation, or minimized the illusion of rotation. In the end I feel that I still learned lots, and can see room for improvement in my understanding of grasshopper and integration of grasshopper and Rhino. 

Two tone final 
 Single colour alternative 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mile Stone Project 1Stacked Slice: Progress

OBDF 310 Milestones

OBDF 310: Animation Struggles and Triumphs.